Origin story of the WestConn Echo?

In the 1930s, the Main Street School in Danbury published a student newspaper called the Echo.  In 1955, the Danbury Teachers’ College, as WestConn was then called, had been calling its newspaper the Supplement and then changed the name that year to the Echo.  It seems likely that resurrecting the name from the Main Street School’s newspaper may have been behind the renaming.  Truman Warner, who attended both the Main Street School and WestConn, returned as an administrator and professor in 1957, but there were many students and staff who had been affiliated with both institutions. See the Main Street School Echo and the first WestConn Echo at the WCSU Archives.