How do I participate?
Participation is free!
I want to participate and already have EAD encoded finding aids
- Wait for an email from CAO administrators after you’ve submitted your application form. We’ll give you some log-in and account information and we’ll arrange to import your EAD files.
- Your XML will have to adhere to our fairly simple Coding Conventions
- We’ll index your EAD and let you know of any indexing errors.
I want to participate but my repository doesn’t have EAD – or I’ve never heard of EAD!
Not a problem. CAO provides an instance of ArchivesSpace to create EAD. We’ll help you get started!
- Fill out the Application Form
- You’ll receive a welcome message from the CAO administrator, and if you have indicated in your application that you need help with EAD, you’ll receive a link to your own repository in CAO’s instance of ArchivesSpace (http://archives.library.wcsu.edu/cao_archivesspace).
- You can fill out fields on the application form which will enable us to create a repository level and searchable record for your repository. AND/OR You can contact us about the next steps to get you up and running with ArchivesSpace, EAD, and CAO.